Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thursday, July 13, 2017
Photo by Marlon Cagatin

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Saturday, October 21, 2017

Jalan-jalan day. Cubao on a Saturday! Voices and music and the shuffling of crowds. Strangers whose minds I can read, whose hearts I can hear. Smiles and sad faces. Weaving through the world of the living.

Bought three things here and four things there. Considered watching a movie in an Atmos theater, but did not when I remembered that it would lop off hours from my day. Watched with wonder, instead, a sales display of Christmas village houses that lighted up and played carols. I could have stood there forever in front of the miniature skaters and train riders and churchgoers and dancers spinning and gliding under my nose. I was nine years old all over again. Yes, nine was the age when I learned how to dream.

Passed on all of those for practical reasons. First, those villages were bedecked with snow, and snow, because it is outside my frame of reference, immediately alienates me. Second, one needs a huge room to store Christmas villages. And also be prepared to spend hundreds of thousands on it. As it is my Bruce Lee collection is already growing uncontrollably, and I have put my foot down and told myself that I want only three more.

Now back at home with two cups of very black arabica, keeping my mind from all thoughts about my novel, yet being besieged, nonetheless, with hundreds of ideas for paintings and more novels and plays.

I pick up my notebook. It is time to make a list of all of the projects I must complete in 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is continued on Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (December 8, 2017 - ) , on tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook39.blogspot.com .