Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thursday, July 13, 2017
Photo by Marlon Cagatin

Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Enchanted Weed

When I was in Fourth Grade our classroom teacher would take us out to a field to practice calisthenics, a Nazi youth exercise I always loathed. In-between sessions we were made to sit on the grass. I recall being fascinated by the weeds that grew between the clumps of grass.

There was one type of weed I always kept an eye out for. Whenever I tore leaves off it, it emitted an unusual perfume I'd never smelled before. I must have been nine or ten then. It's been 56 years, but never again did I find or see that particular kind of weed once more.

Years later I became resident playwright of the school's children's theatre for eleven years. Once, while attending a rehearsal, I sauntered out to the old field to search for that weed, but only to find out that the field had been cemented over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is continued on Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (December 8, 2017 - ) , on tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook39.blogspot.com .